Next week I'll be doing a talk at Knowit on how to move smoothly between Optimizely (Episerver) and Umbraco from a developers perspective. This is a presentation I've planned on doing for years and finally got around to.
This presentation is aimed at developers who are used to working with Optimizely, but are interested to try out Umbraco and wants a kick-start. It also works the other way around if you're an Umbraco developers looking to try out Optimizely.
While some things is completely different in these two systems, they also have a lot of similarities but use different lingo which can be a bit confusing. In these presentation I plan on making some of these things clearer.
Some examples on what this presentation will cover:
- What's the difference between a ContentLoader (Optimizely), ContentService (Umbraco), ContentRepository (Optimizely) and UmbracoHelper (Umbraco)?
- Is there a difference between an IContent in Optimizely and Umbraco and what the heck is an IPublishedContent?
- Code first (Optimizely) vs. Content/Schema first (Umbraco)
- Does these two platforms handle caching differently?
- The epic battle between Find & Examine.
- Optimizely DXP vs. Umbraco Cloud.
- And much, much more...
40 people already signed up and this number is growing every day. This is a company event so it will not be publicly available, DM on Twitter if your meetup/company is interested on a presentation of your own.